The Defence Staff is organized into four Directorates and two independent Departments.
The Defence Staff supports the Minister of Defence, the Chief of Defence, the Deputy Ministers of Defence, the Permanent Undersecretary of Defence and the Deputy Chiefs of Defence in the performance of their functions by developing military strategic plans for actions of the Armed Forces.
The activities of the Defence Staff are organized and managed directly by a Deputy Chief of Defence designated by the Chief of Defence.
- Operations and Training Directorate
- Logistics Directorate
- Strategic Planning Directorate
- Communication and Information Systems Directorate
- Information and Organizational Department
- Joint Training Facilities Department